Many groups meet or are based at Pilgrim. Here are a few. For more information on any group or how to join in the activities please contact our office - contact details are on the front page.
- Australian Church Women Inc.
- We are a small but very active group of Christian women currently drawn from the Anglican, Catholic, Churches of Christ, Presbyterian and Uniting Churches as well as the Salvation Army. We welcome Christian women from all denominations as Associate members. We meet in March, May, July, September and November in the Pilgrim Uniting Church and we are always delighted to welcome visitors at our meetings.
- Cluster Groups
The congregation is divided into a number of cluster groups that
meet regularly in homes. Meetings may be devotional, informative or
just social and usually involve a meal. Contact the office or one of
the ministers if you are interested in joining a cluster group or to
find out more.
- Circle of Prayer
A gentle prayer ministry initiated by Ruth Jones has operated across
Pilgrim Church for many years. This Circle of Prayer gives a structured
approached to praying for concerns in Pilgrim Church, the wider church
and across society and for other nations. Confidentiality is respected
and people are consulted if they want their names mentioned. The Circle
of Prayer is renewed every two weeks.
- Music on Flinders
- Spring, summer and autumn with a break over Christmas, Music on Flinders, previously Music in the Lane, sponsored by Pilgrim Uniting Church brings together musicians of all types to entertain the public for a half hour 12.30 - 1pm at the front of the church, in Flinders Street, adjacent to the laneway.
- Pilgrim Circle of Friends 27 for Refugees
- Circle of Friends 27 is a refugee support group based at this church.
- Pilgrim Pathways
- We are a group of people who share a common interest in exploring new horizons of Christian faith in the contemporary world. We provide support and encouragement to do this in a safe place without fear and within a sense of community.
- Pilgrim Reading Group
Formed in 2014 by a group of Pilgrims who are interested in reading
and discussing theology, especially 'progressive' and 'public'
theology. The group meets every six weeks for a two-hour session,
and members commit themselves to reading the books that are jointly
decided upon, and to participate in informal but disciplined discussion
- Theology for the City
- Throughout 2011 Pilgrim will be hosting a monthly conversation and study group on the theme, "Theology for the City". All are welcome.